So every now and then you want a “treat” but will feel better about it if it is relatively on the healthy side. Showstopper: the protein pancake.
Serves 2 people.
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 bananas
- 2 scoops of any flavour protein powder (I used the double chocolate, which is why the pancakes are that dark colour)
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Whisk the four eggs in a bowl with a fork.
- Mash up the bananas in a separate bowl with a spoon (my picture looks like scrambled eggs).
- Add the whisked eggs, mashed bananas, baking soda and
protein powder in a bowl.
- Add all of these to a blender and blend until the combined ingredients are a smooth consistency.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. (REMEMBER! The first one is usually a flop!
- Using a large spoon, add a bit of the mixture to make a round pancake in the middle of the pan (the bubbles forming is a good thing). You can add the chocolate chips on the top now, if you wish.
- Using a spatula, flip over the pancake and cook the other side.
- Serve. (I cheated a bit with the Nutella) : )