I have been on this magical quest for as long as I can remember to create volume in my long, flat, super straight hair. I know that is asking for a lot, as “long hair” and “volume” usually don’t go together. But for some reason, hair sitting flat against my head just does NOT suit me.
One thing I found seems to work are these cheap magical things called Velcro Rollers. My mom let me use hers when I was playing dress up as a kid. When I “play dress up” now, I swear by them.
One of the questions Victoria Beckham was asked as her “73 Questions with Victoria Beckham” on the Vogue Youtube channel (which you can find here) was “What’s one thing you cannot live without”? Mrs Beckham’s answer? “My Velcro rollers”. #justsaying
Well let me tell you….
- Wash and dry hair as normal.
- I only use the rollers on the top section of my head, where I want the volume. Use bigger rollers at the back and smaller rollers near the front.
- Take small sections of hair and roll the hair starting from the bottom up until your scalp.
- You will find that you don’t need to clip them into place as the velcro keeps the sections down.
- Leave the rollers in for about 15 minutes. Now is a good time to do your makeup or finish getting ready.
- Spray some hair spray over the rollers. I like to use the Schwarzkopf Push Up Volume Hair Spray.
- Slowly unravel the hair from the rollers.
- Style as usual.